The RockBoard RBO Power LT XL is a rechargeable power station for effects pedals, independent from the wall outlet. No more worrying about your 9V batteries dying mid song. You can also forget about searching for a wall outlet on stage to power your pedal board. The RockBoard RBO Power LT XL is equipped with powerful and long-lasting, rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, to supply effects pedals up to approx. 50 hours or more with hum free 9V DC current. Recharge time for the unit is approximately 7 hours.
**IDEAL for the CPB Battery Boards**
- mobile rechargeable power station for effect pedals
- can also be used to charge smartphones and other USB devices
- 3 high-performance li-ion batteries
- 6,600 mAh battery capacity
- rechargeable while in use
- ON/OFF button
- 2 x separate 9V DC outputs, 2,1 x 5,5 mm, polarity (-) center (1,000 mA each)
- 1 x USB output (5V, 1,000 mA)
- 1 x micro-USB input (5V, 1,000 mA ) for charging
- charge level indicator with 4 LEDs
- incl. power supply/charger (5V, 1,000 mA)
- incl. multiple power adapters for worldwide use
- incl. 1 x USB to micro-USB cable (50 cm)
- incl. 2 x power cables (50 cm)
- incl. 1 x daisy chain cable with 5 outputs (155 cm)
- charging time approx. 7 hrs
- also available in satin white, gold, rose gold, silver and carbon
- dimensions (W x H x D) 115 × 22 x 58 mm
- weight 230 g
- 4 Years W-Music Distribution Warranty (product registration required)
Video demo of the old model, new version is improved with micro USB slot for charging and a plug adapter (like you would have for your phone) to plug the USB cable in to charge it (not the bulky charger in the vid)
Q: Are the two 9V power slots of the Power LT XL isolated?
A: The RockBoard Power LT XL is a rechargeable battery powered power supply. Hence it is not connected to mains power ground. Even if the unit is being charged and in use at the same time, the 9V power slots, as well as the 5V USB slot they are not connected to the mains ground. Hence, they do not require galvanic isolation.
In order to prevent digital noise from crossing over between the two 9V and the 5V USB power slots all outputs are highly filtered to provide clean power. This means you can daisy-chain analogue and digital effects pedals without any problems on the Power LT XL, provided you use one 9V slot for analogue and the other for digital pedals exclusively.
Q: Can I bridge the two 9V outputs on my Power LT XL to get 18V?
A: No, the 9V power slots of the RockBoard Power LT XL cannot be bridged in order to combine their voltage output. Since the Power LT XL is a battery powered power supply, there is no ground connection, which usually causes issues. The outputs therefore are not isolated.
However, in order to provide clean power to run analog and digital pedals at the same time. The power slots use high grade filtering of the output power, so no digital noise is being carried over from one slot to the other.
Q: My Power LT XL looses charge when not in use, what can I do?
A: In general the battery charge of the Power LT XL should not decrease, when the unit is not in use and stored properly. However, due to the construction of the lithium-ion batteries used in the Power LT XL, the battery charge can decrease, if the power bank is being stored at to low a temperature. Optimal temperature for this type of lithium-ion battery is 20 degrees Celsius / 68 degrees Fahrenheit. Should the Power LT XL be stored at significantly lower temperatures, the battery charge can diminish by up to 15 % in 24 hours. This does not constitute a defect. Please make sure to store your POWER LT XL only fully charged and at room temperature to avoid losing battery charge and capacity.